Sunday, August 23, 2015

Le Creuset Enameled Steel Demi Tea Kettle, Soleil Yellow, 1-1/4-Quart


I received this wonderful little teakettle a year ago and I think it is about time to review it! This is a finely crafted kettle with heavy-gauge steel construction. The kettle heats up pretty quickly  and has a plastic handle that does not hold any heat for easy lifting and pouring.  The lid is also plastic and heat resistant. The tea kettle must be hand washed, but usually when only heating water (99.9% of the time) I don't even wash the kettle. I just refill and stick it back on the stove. It does get those nasty water rings that feel rough and have that white-ish cast. I found that the easiest way to get rid of that is boil a pot of water till it is boiling then pour in some vinegar. A quarter cup is probably sufficient. Then let it sit and soak for awhile, pour it out, then hand wash as normal. If you go straight to hand washing, I found that I was unable to get rid of the rings from the water deposits. I've used this tea kettle on an induction stove, coil stove, and gas stove. They work and on heating types!

You can purchase this tea kettle on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Creuset-Enameled-Kettle-Soleil-4-Quart/dp/B00BH979SE/ref=sr_1_4?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1440335123&sr=1-4&keywords=Le+Creuset+Enamel-on-Steel+teakettle+yellow&pebp=1440335129092&perid=18CEW99D3QM53F4FZTK6

This is my tea kettle over a year or use. Like new!


0 comments:

Post a Comment