Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Virbac Epi-Otic Advanced Ear Cleaner




This is my favorite ear cleaner!! I have a cockapoo who gets frequent otitis externa aka infection (or inflammation) of the outer ear. Her heavy ears flop down just like a cocker spaniel and get very little air circulation. A breeding ground for bacterial. This non-irritating cleanser (with a neutral pH) helps clear up her infection and reduces the unpleasant odors of her infectious ear! The formula inhibits years from adhere to the skin inside the ears and helps reduce the inflammation.  The solution contains 0.2% salicylic acid and has a mild citrus fragrance. Some people don't like that smell, luckily I'm not one of them. To me, it's the smell of clean ears!

When my dog gets a bad ear infection, I flush out her ears every day with this stuff for a week or so and it gets better. Now, this doesn't work 100% of the time or for everyone, but it works for us because I know my dog and her problems.  By no means should you use this to flush out your dog's ears unless you are absolutely sure they have no eardrum damage or something else going on. You could be making it worse!! This is a safe and gentle enough solution to use for routine cleaning.

No dog loves getting their ears flushed. I found that warming the ear cleaner makes for a better experience for them.  You can warm the ear cleaner by setting the bottle in a cup of warm/hot water.  Then massage the product for a few minutes then use a cotton ball at the external ear canal and tip their heads back to help the product drain out.

The one pictured above is 8 ounces. I purchased mine at Costco for an unbelievable price of $11.58! They don't even carry it anymore. Every place I've checked on the web costs more and requires shipping fees!! So, if you're lucky enough, your nearest Costco stocks it (behind the pharmacy counter)

Purchase on Amazon or Chewy (note size difference)

0 comments:

Post a Comment